Why You Need a Pool Service
Pool service is needed for many different reasons. Water that is not properly balanced and maintained can be very damaging to the pool surface and equipment. Disinfectant, pH, total alkalinity and calcium hardness are the starting points for balancing your water.
If your pool or spa water is too hard or too soft it will stain and scale your pool or spa surface. If your water has a pH or total alkalinity that is too low or too high, it will cause your equipment to fail from rust and corrosion. Swimmers may also experience itchy skin and burning eyes.
Other aspects of water chemistry include phosphates and nitrates, which cause algae. Metals such as copper and iron will also stain and corrode your pool surface and equipment.
The following are very necessary to keep your pool or spa equipment in working order, with lower repair costs:
- Proper filter maintenance
- Turnover rate of pool or spa water
- Debris removal from surface and brushing of the walls and tile
- Proper chemical balancing
Spas are maintained a little differently than pools, with many variables to consider:
- Length of filtration time
- Number of users and how many times a week it’s being used
- Cleanliness of person(s) using Spa
- Is the spa covered or not
- How long since the spa was drained and refilled with fresh water
It’s recommended that a spa be drained and refilled every 3-4 months depending on use.